Do’s and Don’t When Washing Your Hair. | Salon 10016
Let’s have a look into some simple hair washing do’s and don’ts to limit your hair damage.
Hair washing is something that most of us do every week (or every day!) and can be quite damaging to your strands if the wrong hair products are used and you handle your hair roughly. This in turn can make your hair frizzy, uncontrollable and looking more freak than sleek. (salon 10016)
Hair Washing Dos
- Do use actual hair cleaning products! The right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type will go a long way to encouraging healthy hair, while washing your hair with things like soap or body wash is a big no-no. They are too harsh for your delicate strands and will only dry your hair out.
- Do make sure your hair is really wet before washing. It’ll give you a better clean and help your shampoo and conditioner penetrate your hair shaft.
- Do gently massage hair products into your scalp using the pads of your fingertips and not your nails. Massaging your scalp and patting your shampoo through the lengths of your hair rather than raking it through with your fingers will avoid damaging your hair when it’s most vulnerable.
- Do use an absorbent towel to blot your hair dry. Rubbing will only cause damage and hair frizz if your strands are prone to it. (salon 10016)
Hair Washing Don’ts
- Don’t wash in really hot water. Try lukewarm and even cold water if you can stand it. It’s much gentler on your locks and cold water will add shine to your hair.
- Don’t clean until your hair squeaks. That squeaking sound means that you’ve gotten rid of all your good natural hair oils and that is not a good thing. Give your hair a decent rinse to make sure your shampoo, conditioner or hair treatment is completely out, but don’t go overboard.
- Don’t pile your hair on top of your head. Bunching your hair together on top of your head to give your strands a big combined clean is only going to tangle your hair and cause damage. Leave your hair down and smooth your hair washing products through for a much more delicate clean.
By adding these dos to your hair care routine, and getting out of the habit of doing the don’ts, you should see an improvement in the way your hair looks and feels and will be well on the way to cutting back on hair damage.
Visit our other social pages for even more updates! :
Your Reviews and Feedback matter to us!
Thank you so much!
Shear Bliss – Hair Salon near Murray Hill. 10016
Salon 10016, hair salon 10016, ombre 10016, sombre 10016